A Ghost on Every Corner

A Ghost on Every Corner
True stories from America's most haunted cities!

Monday, September 1, 2014

Portland, OR chapter pictures

At the time of the writing of this book, I interviewed Kurt Page, who at the time was founder of the group, Portland Ghosts. (Kurt has since moved on to another group with other interests.) One of the Portland locations Kurt and his team investigated was the Historic Columbian Cemetery. There was quite a bit of ghostly activity on this particular night, and Kurt picked up quite a few EVPs. One ghostly conversation happened at the grave of Mary White.




In fact, he actually had a conversation with the ghost of a young boy buried there named Jimmie Hudson (part of this conversation is in the book).  Jimmie's grave has eluded many visitors until this investigation, in which Jimmie himself led Kurt to his burial site.

As Kurt explained in the book, “Interesting story about the grave of Jimmie Hudson. He was an 8-year-old boy who was struck and killed by a car in the 1970s. Several people had combed the cemetery to locate his grave (we had seen a photo of it on a web site), but nobody could find it, even in the daytime. One night, I was there, and I just asked Jimmie to show me his grave. I started walking around and stopped under a very odd-looking tree branch. I looked at my feet and there was Jimmie's grave. I started doing EVPs right then and there and got at least two of him answering my questions.”





Kurt spent some time learning about the people buried at the cemetery. This came in handy when he encountered the very bitter and angry spirit of Bion H. Darling (1857-1910), who was very nasty towards him. After Kurt researched this person's life and learned more about him, he had a conversation with this ghost. "I looked into his life and found out he had a very good reason to be upset. I explained to him what I learned and how sorry I was, and ever since then, he’s been pretty pleasant to be around.”





No comments:

Post a Comment